Combat Focus Shooting 2 Day Class in Weatherford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRFTraining

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
August 17 & 18 at Tin Star Shooting Range

Combat Focus Shooting is an intuitive shooting program designed to help the shooter become more efficient in the context of a dynamic critical incident. This program will will help the shooter understand how their bodies will react naturally under a high stress , counter ambush situation and how to work best with what their body's natural reactions will be. This is a class for all shooters of ALL skill levels and is regarded as one of the highest level integrity courses within the firearms industry.

http://www.combatfocusshooting.com/calendar/view/685

for more info or to register contact [email protected]

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
(you sorta got ambushed on this thread, or should I say- nahh.)

why not call it an ambush or a shoot, or a shooting?
turning one word into three words, albeit very tacticool sounding ones, doesn't seem to be a recipe for effective training.
KISS

:)

DRFTraining

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
(you sorta got ambushed on this thread, or should I say- nahh.)

why not call it an ambush or a shoot, or a shooting?
turning one word into three words, albeit very tacticool sounding ones, doesn't seem to be a recipe for effective training.
KISS

:)

it would have only been an ambush if i didnt know full well what i was walking in to. There's a lot of specificity over what the course is or isnt. You can call it a violent encounter, gun fight, shooting...all the same. We use a DCI to describe an event that is 3 things: Chaotic, Threatening, and Surprising. DCI just comes from the general description of the class, as it's stated on www.combatfocusshooting.com

DRFTraining

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched your video for this course. Do you ever run these drills force on force?

The CFS Curriculum is based upon statistical evidence from gun fights, proving the majority happen at a distance of 8-12 feet, and that is where the majority of this course takes place.

If you're looking for a force on force type class I HIGHLY recommend Craig Douglas of Shivworks ECQC class. I've done it twice and the experience is invaluable.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CFS Curriculum is based upon statistical evidence from gun fights, proving the majority happen at a distance of 8-12 feet, and that is where the majority of this course takes place.

If you're looking for a force on force type class I HIGHLY recommend Craig Douglas of Shivworks ECQC class. I've done it twice and the experience is invaluable.

I was asking if the drills taught in this course have ever been run force on force. The reason I asked is because I didn't see a lot of dynamic movement from the people in the video. They just stepped left or right, aimed, and fired. Is that effective in an ambush at 8-12 feet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom