Complete and utter boredom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here I am, sitting on a barge, off the coast of Brasil, pondering the origin of " goat cheese ". Suddenly it occurs to me that I would look absolutely badass with a small frame 1911 that is color case hardened on bottom, then the slide blued and polished til you can see it from space! Actually i just saw a picture and thought it was cool, but none the less. Buy moderately cheap and it make look expensive, or sell body parts and children for the ultimate gun?

smokingsquirrell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What!? I'm sitting on the same barge, in the same room… No mention of goat cheese was made to my knowledge….. I feel cheated as I have been left out of a quest for answers that seem to be more meaningful than the supposed attempted "work" around here…

oh yeah… the pistol… I say buy something well used and go from there when it comes to a project like that, but you already knew that.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So here I am, sitting on a barge, off the coast of Brasil, pondering the origin of " goat cheese ". Suddenly it occurs to me that I would look absolutely badass with a small frame 1911 that is color case hardened on bottom, then the slide blued and polished til you can see it from space! Actually i just saw a picture and thought it was cool, but none the less. Buy moderately cheap and it make look expensive, or sell body parts and children for the ultimate gun?

I think I've seen a 1911 similar to what you describe. If Traxxis is listening he may have a picture.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I saw a picture of a slide done by Franson Firearms on the website and it looked fantastic. I had been discussing color case hardening with my cousin who is also on this forum, so we looked it up and it just looks phenominal on the 1911. My thing is, I don't want to take my 1911 that has a lifetime warranty and void that by modifying it. I am always up for buying another gun, so what I was thinking about was either buying a used gun, or one that doesn't have a lifetime warranty and modifying that one. I am thinking of a small frame 1911 for a carry gun anyway, and who says your carry gun can't look good? Any suggestions on the gun? I like the brand names as much as anyone, although I think a lot of times you are just paying for the name.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
CCH and super high polish blue are high dollar finishes if done right. I wouldn't have it done on a cheap gun, I'd at least start with a quality base.

Latest posts

Top Bottom