"Concealed Carry Customer Kills Robber"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuinnJ

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This video/article may be old news but I just stumbled across it and thought it was worth sharing. I feel that most will see the positive that comes from this . . . Training.

"A Roebuck man - less than two hours into his 19th birthday - entered the Waffle House on Chesnee Highway with a gun and attempted to rob the restaurant before a customer fired his weapon, killing the teen, authorities said Saturday.
Spartanburg County sheriff's deputies responded to the Waffle House at 2230 Chesnee Highway just before 1:15 a.m. Saturday. Two masked men had entered the restaurant with the intention of robbing it, and at least one of them was armed, authorities said.

A customer, who is a concealed weapons permit holder, thwarted the robbery by pulling his gun and attempting to hold the men until deputies arrived. When one of the men pointed his gun at the customer, the patron fired, killing the teenager.

The teenager, later identified as Dante Lamont Williams, of 827 S. Edisto River Drive, Roebuck, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a written statement from Coroner Rusty Clevenger. Williams had been shot in the head and chest.

Sheriff Chuck Wright said he does not plan to charge the customer, who he says is “very upset” about the shooting.

During a news conference Saturday night, Wright said even after the masked men entered the restaurant, the concealed weapons holder waited until the robbers began ordering customers to the floor and employees into the back - while waving a gun - to act. After pulling his .45-caliber Glock, the customer ordered the men to stay put until deputies arrived. Only after Williams pointed his Hi-Point 9mm at the man, did the customer fire, Wright said.

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,” the sheriff said."

Stay Safe my Friends!

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this one, so thanks for the post! It seems like the CCW'er maintained his composure and did it by the numbers. I'd really be interested to know what his training annd background are.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Dante Lamont Williams" sounds like he'd fit a certain stereotype.

Criminal uses Hipoint, another fitting stereotype.

Props to the CCW to mind his own until they started to herd the people inside, thats usually when it ends badly. Glad it ended well instead.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"'The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,' the sheriff said."

Awesome.

I'd wager if our Community Organizer-in-Chief had a son, he'd look like "Dante Lamont Williams" or whichever fill-in-the-blank dead teenage thug that is portrayed as a victim by the biased, drive-by press. "Two hours into his 19th birthday...". Give me a break. I'm sure he was a victim of his circumstances and was always a great kid. He just ran with the wrong crowd. Cry me a river.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "system" works? To what system are you referring?

The punk died because he pointed a deadly weapon at a legally-armed citizen. If somebody was going to die, I'm glad it was the criminal, not the good guy and other innocent people in the restaurant.

Sundance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if your in the local gas station in Oklahoma and a person comes in to rob the place but never makes a threat towards you and only to the clerk are you allowed to do anything like pulling your weapon? I had this discussion on another site and there were some members that think you can. I was told during the concealed class that you can only protect yourself or a family member from an active threat. It was explained to me that this type of situation is for LEO's and not permit holders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom