Concrete question about cost to pour a porch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically just what would it run to get a 10'x10 size area made into a concrete porch, ballpark guess,of course? I've got this area that's a flowerbed now, formed by a walk that leads from the drive to the front porch and every time i walk past it I think, "dang that would make a sweet front porch".

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at about 1.25 yards of concrete @ 4 inches thick.

I don't know about in OKC but when I poured concrete we had to order at least 3 yards and that would be around 300 per yard for the concrete.

If I was looking to bid on a job of that size I would probably be bidding in the range or 1800 to 2000, That would include all the prep work, pouring the concrete, stripping the forms and cutting the relief in the slab and sealing it.

If you think you can do it yourself it is possible to do with a couple guys and a concrete mixer. Would take about 120 * 40 pounds bags. Probably a day to get the area graded by hand with 3 or 4 people and another day to pour.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed but if the minimum order is twice the size of what you need you had better get someone close by with a project going as well. There are trade off's either way.

Yeah, we have to order 3 yds minimum around here. In Tulsa there is a company that lets you pick up 1 yd of mixed concrete in a trailer. Don't know how it dumps, but there are services out there for small amounts.

At our range, we have had some projects that need a full pallet of Quickrete to put in footings for target stands, etc. We use a tractor with a front loader to slide the bags from the pallet into the bucket and then move the bags in the bucket over the mixer and open them. No lifting for us old guys. :D

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a shop poured last year and concrete cost me $97 a yard with stealth fiber. Call around get quotes. It is too much hassle to mix the bags yourself.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a shop poured last year and concrete cost me $97 a yard with stealth fiber. Call around get quotes. It is too much hassle to mix the bags yourself.

No doubt, this is awesome. $300 a yard made my eyes pop out!

We're looking at doing a little concrete work to "extend" our back patio area out from under the cover on both sides... but if it's gonna cost me like that, I'll be looking for other projects to spend that kind of money on, methinks. Wowzers.

<edit> Stealth fiber... is that where they mix in fiberglass or something in the mix to strengthen it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom