Confiscation to begin in San Francisco, CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this may end up the test case for all the idiot, liberal, Kool-Aid-drinking, gun-grabbing, unicorn-humping, rainbow-chasing, ignorant, stupid, @#$%&king pieces of ****!

Here's the ordinance: https://sfgov.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=2724204&GUID=BE7FC9A4-D911-4B2D-8B98-34BF2B6CE067

High Capacity Magazines Ban - anything holding more than 10 rounds.

Passed in October, signed on Nov 8th, the sheep have until Feb 6, 2014 to turn them in or get rid of them. In their own words:

Large capacity magazines are not necessary for individuals to vindicate their right to self-defense. Only in an extraordinarily rare circumstance would a person using a firearm in self defense ever be required to use a large capacity magazine to defend himself or herself effectively. This is particularly true in an urban center like San Francisco, where law enforcement can and does respond quickly to threats and incidents. Conversely, the dangers of large capacity magazines are heightened in dense urban areas like San Francisco.

(c) Prohibition on Possession of Large Capacity Magazines.
(1) No person, corporation, or other entity in the City may possess a large capacity magazine. whether assembled or disassembled.
(2) Any person who, prior to the effective date of this chapter, was legally in possession of a large capacity magazine shall have 90 days from such effective date to do any oft he following without being subject to prosecution:
{A) Remove the large capacity magazine from the City;
(B) Surrender the large capacity magazine to the Police Department for destruction, or
(C) Sell or transfer the large capacity magazine lawfully in accordance with Penal Code § 12020.

Of course, not everyone has to follow the same rules...

(d) Exceptions. Subsection (c) shall not apply to the following:
(1) Any government officer, agent, or employee, member of the armed forces of the United States, or peace officer, to the extent that such person is otherwise authorized to possess a large capacity magazine in connection with his or her official duties.

Among other exceptions...Hollywood!

(6) Any person using the large capacity magazine solely as a prop for a motion picture, television, or video production, or entertainment event;

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems to me that taking a large cap magazine out for a day of shooting is an 'entertainment event' - It's certainly entertaining to me and the people with me!!

no? not how that works?

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a video camera......start a website and feature videos about large capacity magazines and the use and or collecting of such in large numbers.........keep them in a big rubbermaid tub marked "video production props"

then you are in under the video production:
"(6) Any person using the large capacity magazine solely as a prop for a motion picture, television, or video production, or entertainment event"

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a Dirty Harry joke in there somewhere but I can't come up with it. These people are imbeciles. I thought over 10 rounds was already ban in comifonia.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my understanding is they are banned but there are grandfathered mags running around.

This is correct, anything over 10 rounds has been banned for years(statewide). But they did allow a grandfather clause. Sounds like they(sf) are going after those without any sort of compensation which is illegal....

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Latest posts

Top Bottom