coyote hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching some guys call up coyotes this morning on tv. Looks really fun. Anybody on here do it regularly? Will land owners give permission readily to hunt these things??? Got a Savage model 12 .223 that is just itching to be shot.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like watching coyote hunting shows, up until the kill shot. Don't get me wrong, I am no bleeding heart. I just don't normally kill coyotes, but I would never look down on anyone else for shooting them. They certainly need thinning out and hats off to all you guys that kill them. I am too much of a dog lover and can't shoot them without a reason. To me there is nothing better than sitting outside and listening to the coyotes sing.

When I lived in western Oklahoma, there were a bunch of ol men that used to run races with greyhounds. I went with them a few times and it was pretty fun. Just drive down backroads till you came across one, usually the dogs see them first, pull the handle and bout 8 or so hounds bail out and the race is on. You'd never think a greyhound to be very aggressive, but they just tear them coyotes to pieces. You could always tell when the ol timers were coming back from a successful trip, you could see eight bloody muzzles stickin out of the truck.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coyote hunting is not rocket science but there are lots of small things that will make or break your hunt from the beginning. Keep it simple and always know what the wind is doing. You got a specific question about it let me know.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey bullseye, you list AL as your location I noticed, but if you're living here now, I'd be glad to take you out with me calling and show you what little bit i've picked up in the last couple of years. If your close to Elk City area especially, as i'm about to move out there next week, shoot me a message and we'll hook up sometime and go make a few stands-but be forewarned, it's the most addictive hunting i've found yet

Latest posts

Top Bottom