Coyotes from Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went and made two stands on Sunday morning by myself. First stand, got a late start but went to where I've called a few in the past. Called for about 12-14 minutes with various distress sounds, then switched to pup distress for a bit. Had this male pop out a ditch to the east, and just stand at the edge. Tried for a couple minutes but couldn't get him to untrack; I guessed him around 300 yards, so I held just over his head (he was facing me), and sent one. He dropped, and when I stepped it off it was only 242 steps, probably just over 200 yards. As far as I could tell, the bullet entered his right eye, with no exit...pure luck on my part, almost too much holdover!

Second stand, I spooked a coyote walking into the stand but couldn't get a shot at it. Went ahead and setup, had this female show up in about three minutes, probably the same one. Shot her at 33 steps.

Me and a buddy went and made two stands before dark Sunday evening. First stand was dry. Second stand, I played some rabbit for a few minutes then started on vocals on the Foxpro and mouth calls. About 12-15 minutes in, it was getting pretty dark so I quit calling. Looked over at my buddy, who was about 20 yards to my right, to see if he was good to get up; tried making hand signals but neither of us could see what the other was doing, so after a minute or two I made a quick scan before standing up. I looked back at him before standing, and I see him swinging high over my head and then aiming behind me, and I hear footsteps in the grass at the same time. (And he's former military like me so YES I trust him doing that!) I just hold my ears and lean forward, he drops this male coyote 11 steps behind me! He said it was heading straight for me, hackles up...don't get any better than that!

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Starting to not like you Clint! You're supposed to be saving some for me next month! Good job my friend! I know we can't kill them all but it's fun trying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom