Coyotes from Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Original caliber, or re-chambered from a previous caliber?
Not sure what it started out as honestly. My dad built this gun around 1986, the action is a Winchester model 70 LA. With the 243 cases and the short 55 gr bullets, almost looks like you could go two deep in the magazine well on that long action :) As far as the barrel, I think its an old Douglas possibly; I know my dad said when they built it he had to custom order dies from RCBS.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard of some re-chambering the .22-250 to the .22-243. Interesting round. Pretty quick!

I've got a .22-250 that doesn't see a whole lot of use. Thought about chambering it into the .22 Cheeta.
4285fps with 50 gr bullets.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What caliber is your stick chambered in ?

That one is my 22-243, 1:14 twist. Running a 55 gr Berger Varmint bullet @ 3840 fps. I love that gun for coyotes, fast and flat!

Very nice ! I've loaded some for a friend and have everything but a stock to do a 22-243 middlested build. And Dennis the cheetah is a screamer. Beats a swift by a hair. Awesome velocity.

And I wonder how a 22-243 would feed from a ar-10 mag. And upper chambered that route with a twist suitable for heavy high bc bullets would be awesome.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom