Crossbows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, ok, well I'm an idiot. The one I bought say it's for broadhead use ONLY (I just noticed), although I have to say, a broadhead would have been buried even deeper, not less deep. This one is the Morrell "Bone Collector / Michael Waddell" target. I thought it was for *either* broadheads or field tips. But I would NEVER be able to get out an arrow with a broadhead shot into this thing, unless it went all the way through. Probably it would bury itself with just the broadhead sticking out the back, and just the nock sticking out the front - good luck getting that out, lol. :)

OKbassin, do you know where I can get one of those cb-16s locally?

What about just a standard "stuffed canvas" white targets like you find everywhere -got one of those but don't know if it will blow right through or not. I suspect it *might* work since regular arrows are stopped very quickly (only about 4 inches deep or so). Thanks.

Or, the corollary concern is that it would stop it so fast that it damages the arrow.....

What target is a just-right-goldilocks target for a 350 fps 23" arrow - easy removal but soft enough to not damage the arrow?

I am not sure where you can get the cb 16 locally, you might call some of the archery pro shops and see if they carry any. I am not sure about the stuffed canvas targets. I doubt it would harm from stopping too quick, but the harm from to deep penetration might ruin fletching.
I can say I made the mistake of shooting a field point into a broadhead only target from my compound. It took 3 men and a bulldog to get it out. The broadheads cut a hole that helps in removal (FIXED BLADE). I know back in October Bass Pro (OKC) had a "Crossbow Target." You might just ask them what target they use for crossbows, because trial and error will be expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom