CZ 75 Compacts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malbrour

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While there's lots of info on the interwebs about CZ 75s, I want to get some experience about my CZ 75 Compacts out of my head and on a forum. Another CZ 75 forum online had lots of info, but it has been inactive for a few years so my request to join that one goes unanswered.

First some background, I currently own two CZ 75 Compacts in 9mm Luger. One is a two-tone and one is a PCR. I reload ammo, so in January, I bought a bunch of 9mm 115 grain coated bullets and what powder I could find to load up 2500 light-shooting rounds for plinking.

My lighter rounds lack the oomph to function reliably with CZ's standard 17lb recoil spring, so I ordered a 14lb reduced power recoil spring from gunsprings.com. These springs cost $7.89 + $3.99 shipping. The recoil spring also came with a standard firing pin spring, which will just sit in my spare parts bin. This Wolff spring site has lots of different weight springs for all types of firearms, by the way.

Now for plinking with my light reloads, I use the 14lb spring and defense ammo gets the standard spring. I've never had a failure of any kind on either of these pistols with factory ammo, by the way. Everyone in the family loves shooting them.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're trying the wrong forum, go here: http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php
CZ fanatics all, plus the owner of Cajun Gun Works and some of the staff of CZ Custom post regularly and are very helpful.
My wife confiscated my PCR:cry11: so I had to find a replacement, thanks to Saltydecimater my main carry piece is now a nice alloy framed compact:laughup:

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CZ75 was designed for hotter ammo leaving it to Americans to perfect them.
I'm glad to get the info on the spring kit so thanks for that!
I have a PCR and picked Liberty 50g +P as SDRs so I use Federal 70g Range ammo to practice with. It recoils like a .22.
They all run fine with the factory spring and a Stainless Steel replacement guide rod. The +P give a nice fireball effect so if I miss maybe I'll set fire to the perp. I also replaced the sights with TruGlo's and had to use an N-Star pro type removal tool to get the rear sight out. If you decide to go that route be aware that the slide finish isn't as durable as you wish it were. Wrap it in 3 layers of masking tape and strips of plastic. The Sight Tool Jaws are forged steel and not coated.

Man, so glad you cleared that up.....this has been eating me up for a decade.