Daniel Defense LW or Sig Sauer M400 one has got to go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking at selling one of my AR's. It will either be the Daniel Defense M4V5 Lightweight barrel or the Sig Sauer M400 enhanced. I thought I would seek my fellow okshooters advice, opinions or comments on which one should stay and which one should go. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Happy 4th of July!

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your gun going to do? I would lean towards keeping the DD. They seem to be a really good assembler. If you were to have to sell it later, I would think it would have more value. The Sig is a nice generic gun. My two cents. Though, I'll give you a lowball offer for either before anyone else! Just kidding...

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep the DD. It's a better platform.

Unless you are operating overseas and having to put down lots of suppressive fire, the LW barrel is gtg. For home defense, hunting, plinking, or zombie riot, you will probably melt the gas tube or melt your handguards (if plastic) before that barrel will start to "fail" you. More people are moving towards the lighter barrels because thicker barrels only seem to be of any real benefit if you're going full auto or if you need a target / varmint gun and shooting out to 600 yards.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or change barrels...

This seems the obvious answer to me. Switch the barrels or buy a new one. Me personally I'd probably switch the barrels. Selling that M400 with a LW barrel ought to take all of 24 hrs.

I haven't been looking for AR's lately, are they still stupid hard to find for reasonable prices?

Latest posts

Top Bottom