Deer processing group.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not know where to put this one but mods can move it anywhere you want.

If you are on Facebook and are a deer hunter. There is a deer processing group for those that want to learn how to do their own.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not know where to put this one but mods can move it anywhere you want.

If you are on Facebook and are a deer hunter. There is a deer processing group for those that want to learn how to do their own.

Curious if you are ready to process this year?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if you are ready to process this year?
I do not even get to hunt but the wife did run across an old hand crank grinder at a garage sale. I get thru the work we have going on next month I am going to take the time and clean it up. Mainly I just find it interesting and I want to learn what I can just in case.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not even get to hunt but the wife did run across an old hand crank grinder at a garage sale. I get thru the work we have going on next month I am going to take the time and clean it up. Mainly I just find it interesting and I want to learn what I can just in case.
I remember posts that deer were offered quartered up.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember posts that deer were offered quartered up.
I used to get a bunch of doe tags here in TX, and since no one else wanted to fill them, I would. I gave away A BUNCH of venison from 1998 until 2015, and my recipients always got deboned meat iced down in an ice chest.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d recommend stay away from the hand crank grinders. They normally suck. A $100 electric grinder from cabelas or academy will serve you well.

Not just used for venison either. Having a meat grinder opens up lots of culinary doors. Fresh ground chuck for burgers is the best! We often buy reduced meats from the grocery store then take it home, debone, grind/freeze. Also I often do tough chickens (like butchering a mature rooster) by just skinning instead of plucking, then deboned and ground up. Ground chicken is good in chilli, pasta sauce, seasoned for tacos, etc

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d recommend stay away from the hand crank grinders. They normally suck. A $100 electric grinder from cabelas or academy will serve you well.

Not just used for venison either. Having a meat grinder opens up lots of culinary doors. Fresh ground chuck for burgers is the best! We often buy reduced meats from the grocery store then take it home, debone, grind/freeze. Also I often do tough chickens (like butchering a mature rooster) by just skinning instead of plucking, then deboned and ground up. Ground chicken is good in chilli, pasta sauce, seasoned for tacos, etc
For foresee a wrist injury and a trip to the ER.🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom