Devastating fire after theft of guns from McAlester Tactical with video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it that all security cameras are so grainy you can’t make out a face but I can take a pic with my phone that’s clear enough to make professional looking photos?
Two things, the pocketbooks of the shop owner and the technology at the time of installation.

I have installed $3,000 cameras over 30 years and it is remarkable the technology that is available now compared to back then. In 1995 when I started a pan tilt zoom was a box camera inside another weather resistant box controlled by a matrix and isolation relays recorded on banks of VHS cassette tapes. The next gen were domes which were essentially stripped down box cameras manufactured inside a spherical housing controlled by relays, controlled by software recorded on a DVR. When I retired, Megapixel and HD cameras had been out for about 6 years and required terabytes of storage with NVR recording. Now you can store 8 of those cameras on a terabyte.
I was making bank going to old customers that had old cameras and selling them HD cameras with a DVR that didn't require rewiring with CAT5 like megapixels did. A 1 megapixel camera is outdated by SAMs Club $500 systems now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom