Diamondback Arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at one of these in Lawton a while back and I have to say I was impressed. The gunsmith carries it and said its better than the KelTec and LCP.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I've read so far is that they're still in their shaking-out-the-bugs stage, and some repairs have ended up with entirely new slides on the guns. Apparently the tech support are stand-up guys, but you know...bugs.

I'd give it a few months before investing in one. If they're anything like Kel-Tec, there'll be 82 revisions of this by July :P The interesting thing is that in side-by-side pics, they are almost exactly the same size as a P3AT/LCP, but with a considerably lower bore axis and much larger sights. If they can get this thing working right consistently, this could make a pretty big wave in the weird world of pocket .380s.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad just bought one. It was the only pocket pistol that he liked after messing with the Ruger LCP, the Kel-Tec 3PAT, or the Sig 238. Neither of us had tried playing with a Kahr at the time which I'm looking at now.
The second he held it he knew it was the one. To me the DB feels like a real gun where the LCP and 3PAT feel like little plastic toys. It's got a real nice grip and shoots like a tiny glock. In fact it feels like someone put a shrink ray on a glock and just scaled everything down.
I had a few problems chambering the first round but I doubt it was the guns fault. I'm just not experienced enough yet. I wasn't throwing back the slide and releasing fast enough. Other than that there weren't too many bad things to say about it. We'll do some more testing in the comings months and i'll let you know.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, a connectioin has been made to the Kel-tec factory and the DB factory being so close to each other. I don't know if this is true... but I was told two employees left Kel-tec to create DB.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my dad paid 415 for it. But that was at Gunworld so take that for what it is. I've seen a couple on some websites for 380 but after you pay to get them here it's closer to the 400 mark.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That price being said... I can't judge actually quality. But holding them in the hand the DB feels like a much higher quality gun than the Kel-Tec and LCP. Seems to be somewhere in-between those and the Kahr.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered mine today should be here Monday. I plan on taking it out of the box and throwing it right down on the ground and kicking it around then firing it. If it's gonna look like a Glock then it better perform like one. I'll let you know after the test. I might even film it and make a link to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom