Disarming The Toy Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all those disarmed kids will make easy targets when they leave the gym

awalyou.com_img_nerf_vulcan_gun1.jpg

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disagree - mostly. Kids need to be taught gun safety for sure, but if having one's ass busted for pointing toy guns at people was the norm, 99.9% of the kids I grew up with (including me) would have been beaten to a pulp. Cops & Robbers, Cowboys & Indians, Yanks vs. Krauts......we did it all. And did lots of toy gun pointin'. I think people have gotten way, way too uptight - and thus breeds the stupid shat like the topic of the original post. I've had kids point toy guns at me before....doesn't bother me. If it isn't obvious that it's a toy, then that's a different story. But most are pretty evident.

Got my kids high-capacity Nerf guns for Christmas; I'll be right in the middle of a firefight, and will be happy to do so. There's a difference between the toys and what's locked up in the safe, and they know it.

Okay. Maybe I just didn't clarify myself well enough. I as well, played all the same games you are talking about. If a kid points a toy gun at me, and he obviously knows it's a toy and he's playing a game, then I just go along with it and have some fun. If they point it at me, and say "I just killed you f*****", that's when I get mad. And yes, I had a kid do that to me. That's the kind of scenario I was refering to earlier. Hope that helps understanding my viewpoint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom