Do all ceramic heaters turn off automatically?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an uninsulated hunting cabin that has propane heaters. I'd like to back those up for the plumbing and water heater with ceramic heaters.

I bought two such heaters from Sam's but am looking at the instructions. It says, "After 3 hours of operation the unit will beep and enter cool down mode before switching off. If you would like to extend the operation for an additional 3 hours, press the 'extend button.'"

I need it to maintain an above freezing temperature for the kitchen and for the water heater. I might not be there every week.

Are ceramic heaters just made like that?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are electric milk house heaters that use ceramic or resistance coils or whatever. most of them have a type of bimetal thermostat that can be adjusted to turn them off when the room temperature meets that level you set it to. and a good one will have a mercury switch in them so if it tips over it will shut off. i don't think any of them are more efficient than any other because of the btu conversion of electricity through resistance is pretty much fixed. also unless the heater is a 220 volt unit or something else special like a base board heater they most always won't be any bigger than 1300 watt or 1500 watt because of the resistance draw on a normal house hold plug won't support any more amps safely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom