Do you wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 78 56.1%
  • No, I check my cell phone for time

Votes: 53 38.1%
  • I'm like Jack Reached and have an internal clock

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I could care less what time it is

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USN-SCW-Ret

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped wearing wrist watches, once I was required to carry a cellphone with me 24/7. Once I was 100% retired (July 2010) I smashed up all my alarm clocks and watches. Then my wife retired and now we sleep till the cat wakes us up to feed her, usually around 7-8 am. We currently play this game where in we pretend we are still asleep, so the cat will go to the other side of the bed and pester the other higher mammal, to get up and feed her. Whoever gets up to feed the cat, also has to make coffee. One night she was locked out all night, we did not get up till 11am, we thought our alarm clock had died.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped wearing wrist watches, once I was required to carry a cellphone with me 24/7. Once I was 100% retired (July 2010) I smashed up all my alarm clocks and watches. Then my wife retired and now we sleep till the cat wakes us up to feed her, usually around 7-8 am. We currently play this game where in we pretend we are still asleep, so the cat will go to the other side of the bed and pester the other higher mammal, to get up and feed her. Whoever gets up to feed the cat, also has to make coffee. One night she was locked out all night, we did not get up till 11am, we thought our alarm clock had died.

That must have been very hard on you.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear simple Casio G-Shock solar watch. I see no need to piss away money on something more expensive that isn't gonna tell me the time any better.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yukonjack...my mother amd wife totally agree with you. My wife tells me her Citizen is as accurate as my Rolex...and she is correct.

Any and all quartz movemnts are way more accurate than a mechanical movement. That's what sent the watch buisiness in a tailspin back in the late 1960'or early 1970's...the highly accurate and afforadable quartz watch.

Heck Rolex use to make a quartz and discontinued it several years ago..but it wasn't cheap.

If anyone states that their watch or "timepiece" is an investment they're wrong. They may be able to use it as collateral towards a loan or trade. They might get lucky...yes lucky and buy a model that in 50 years is rare and valuable.

There are a ton of better investments.

As for me, I love different styles, movements, and models. I look at my watch indulgence as a luxury for me. The same as a person with a corvette or fancy car does. I have a buddy who owns a super nice Porsche...is it any "better" than my vehicle..not really.

I get to point "A" from point "B" just as easy as he does. But...that's his indulgence. .and I'm happy for him.

If I look at my watches more than just pleasure for me...I'd look strictly at them as an heirloom.

Would this be a nice watch to pass to my nephew...or not. Could he..if he takes care of it...pass it on to his children.

Corvett, Porsche, Weatherby, Sako, Rolex...whatever...is in the eye of the beholder. If it's more than that..the person has an ego issue.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several, might say Im a collector.
Mostly Invicta, Croton, Ocean Blu I think a couple are.
All different movements,complications, some swiss made, nice for the money.
kind of a fashion statement deal, but I usually wear one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom