Does senior citizen lifetime license require Deer tag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the newest Ok Wildlife book and i couldn't find any info on this. Am i exempt from buying tags?
Only hunted deer one time and that was before i got my lifetime license, so i don't know much about the deer tag regulations.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they told me I could take 2 deer a year-1 buck and 1 doe-you still have to tag em with something you write up on site-lic # location and name...and register the harvest at the check points or online...no HIP requirement...no state duck stamp...still need federal stamp....everything else is good to go...

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"SENIOR CITIZEN HUNTING LICENSE, $15.00
As the owner of a senior citizen hunting license, you may hunt any legal game, as set forth in the Oklahoma
Department of Wildlife Conservation hunting regulations, for as long as you live. Lifetime hunting license holders
are exempt from purchasing an annual hunting license; Oklahoma waterfowl stamp; fur and trapping license; deer,
elk, antelope, and turkey licenses; and controlled hunt permits.
Check stations will issue any necessary tags when
animals are checked in. Bobcats require a federal tag which may be obtained from Oklahoma game wardens,
Department biologists, Department field offices, or specially designated stations at no charge. The lifetime hunting
license does not exempt the holder from purchasing a bear license, federal permits, federal fees that may be
required (such as a federal duck stamp or federal controlled hunt user fee)."

From the ODWC site.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you have your senior license and are handicapped; you still have to get a handicapped license, and a auto hunt license, with a doctors statement, but it is free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom