Don't forget your orange the weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so glad the state of Oklahoma does this. It's vital that we get these young people off the couch and into the woods. If they don't have the heart to shoot a deer, that's OK. I get it. At least they got away from the Xbox for a few hours and into God's awesome creation.

As a kid, I grew up in the woods with my dad's Marlin .22 rifle. I can remember lots of times, I would camp out under the stars down by the creek behind our house all weekend long, and my folks never worried about me.

I would take some drinking water, vienna sausages, beef jerky and a few other things. Cut down some small trees with a machete and build a small lean-to. Stoke up a camp fire, roll out me sleeping bag and stare up at the stars. Loving every minute of it. I miss those days.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
getting the farm ready for deer season.jpeg

Actually a bull but some kids don't know what a bull is.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doing some catching up on here, we had a great youth hunt this weekend with Unlimited Outdoor Adventures. Hosted 15 hunters, who killed a total of 21 deer. 6 hunters tagged out, and all told they took 8 bucks and 13 does. A good time as always, even if my back and feet were feeling it this morning!
20241020_123842.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My truck is still in the body shop to get some damage from a hit and run fixed. Can't get the parts and I don't have a drop of corn in a feeder for this weekend. No way to get one out in the wife's SUV that she will let me. I promised to not get any blood anywhere, but it's a HELL NO!

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doing some catching up on here, we had a great youth hunt this weekend with Unlimited Outdoor Adventures. Hosted 15 hunters, who killed a total of 21 deer. 6 hunters tagged out, and all told they took 8 bucks and 13 does. A good time as always, even if my back and feet were feeling it this morning!
View attachment 521476
That is too bad for Alex but awesome for the others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom