Don't forget your orange the weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on the truck. Still no parts. The supplier promised they would be here tomorrow just like they promised they would be here last Thursday.
Apparently won't make it this weekend at all. I got a phone call from a distant relative tonight saying the property of their Uncle I used to farm was sold as the uncle died back in August and nobody told the rest of the family. The only child decided to sell the place and tell nobody. The distant relative's sons have been hunting it for 20 some years, and went there today to fill feeders, etc.
The buyer happened to be there as well. Saying he bought it "as is" saying my tractor, disks, harrows, wheat drill, etc that I farmed that ground with, went with the sale, as well as several deer stands.
We are going to make a concerted effort to get the equipment off the property this weekend. It hasn't been through probate yet, so he technically doesn't own it. Another relative lives up the road a mile and it won't be far to drag the stuff, more a PITA than anything.
We have a lot of work ahead of us.
That sucks! Hope it all works out well on your end.

I think I would hit the local u-haul place and rent the single cab pickup for $19.95 a day plus $1 a mile to go hunt!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks! Hope it all works out well on your end.

I think I would hit the local u-haul place and rent the single cab pickup for $19.95 a day plus $1 a mile to go hunt!!
Unfortunately have to move equipment. The weekend is the only time I can get some help. They all still work for a living.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on the truck. Still no parts. The supplier promised they would be here tomorrow just like they promised they would be here last Thursday.
Apparently won't make it this weekend at all. I got a phone call from a distant relative tonight saying the property of their Uncle I used to farm was sold as the uncle died back in August and nobody told the rest of the family. The only child decided to sell the place and tell nobody. The distant relative's sons have been hunting it for 20 some years, and went there today to fill feeders, etc.
The buyer happened to be there as well. Saying he bought it "as is" saying my tractor, disks, harrows, wheat drill, etc that I farmed that ground with, went with the sale, as well as several deer stands.
We are going to make a concerted effort to get the equipment off the property this weekend. It hasn't been through probate yet, so he technically doesn't own it. Another relative lives up the road a mile and it won't be far to drag the stuff, more a PITA than anything.
We have a lot of work ahead of us.
Dang dennis, that stinks, the kid that sold it seems to be turd in a punchbowl for not telling anyone so you could get your equipment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom