dove hunt with curts guide service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
went with Curt's this weekend for dove hunt, very low bird count the fields around Lawton are very dry. I have heard from one other person that went with different guide service said same thing. also heard from a friend who went to hackberry this weekend and said it is very dry as well, only water was in the refuge area. anyway curt did a good job and he runs a good service, he offered a free weekday hunt to everyone in our group that did not limit out. he was under no obligation to do that and I thought that was really good of him to offer a free hunt to make up for something beyond his control.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been out yet, but friend went opening day with Smokin' Fowl Guide Service out of Lawton and had no problem limiting. Wonder what changed? Talked to a fellow who went Jet and he said the numbers were low there, too, but expected to increase in a couple of weeks.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went on opening day afternoon hunt with Curt. Very dry fields indeed, was able get a few, but no where near the limit this time. Did notice that the birds were flying very high with long spells of nothing at all, more so than usual this year. But a so so day in the field is always better than a great day at work!

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went on opening day afternoon hunt with Curt. Very dry fields indeed, was able get a few, but no where near the limit this time. Did notice that the birds were flying very high with long spells of nothing at all, more so than usual this year. But a so so day in the field is always better than a great day at work!

have to agree with that. curt did say he didnt think any birds had been pushed down from the north yet. maybe after a couple of cold fronts it will get better. the one guy in our group that did limit was on the field closest to the pond and had a mojo going.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on one hunt with Gordy's Guide Service near Tulsa and another with Holderead's Hunts in Cushing and limited on both. We are seeing good groups of birds around Stillwater here in certain areas if we can find permission.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I think they were all in my back yard today. Counted at least 30 in my trees. Poor Sandi (my Lab) was going nuts watching them from the back door. She would sit there and then look at me with the most pathetic look. I could just imagin what she was thinking. "Dad get the gun lets go dang it, it's time to hunt". Oh and shoot that *#&#&@!!! squirrel while your at it!

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
father in law just got back from south east kansas, said the 25 gus who went up there right above the oklahoma line limited out on both days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom