Dove hunting near Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outside

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any leads to dove hunting near the Tulsa area? I went on a paid hunt out in Pryor several years ago but don't remember who hosted the hunt. I hear there is a guide out in Cushings but can't find his info. I would love to get permission from some of the farms in Bixby but don't really have time to go door to door asking. I have been thinking about making the trip out to Curt's for a weekend hunt but I don't know how my schedule will workout.

It would be great to have a place to just pick up and go when time becomes available. I have a little one on the way at the end of August so I am really trying to get a few things settled beforehand.

I had a connection out in BA near the little links golf course but they moved. The area is real nice if you find the right place. Out of HWY 62 in Glenpool there are several nice places for dove and duck but I can't seem to find the right people to get permission.

If anyone could help a soon to be daddy out, I would be grateful.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted with the guy in Cushing last year and one over around Collinsville. Both hunts were great and limited out on both. The guy in Cushing is Kevin Holderead and you can get in contact with him by calling Continental Concrete Company in Cushing. My brother arranged the other hunt and I will try to find out about it and let you know.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year there were some fellars posting ads on Craigslist for Dove hunts around the Owasso area. I just searched for them and don't see them listed yet, but you will probably see them in the coming months. I passed by one of the fields they were hunting opening morning and looked like they had 50+ vehicles. There were a lot of birds in the area, they had slung seed for wheat a week or so before I would imagine. A couple of game wardens staked out at the corners keeping an eye on everything. I reckon if that's how someone wanted to dove hunt, they seemed to be taking anyone with money in hand. I guess that's city boy dove huntin, too many guns for my liking.

There was another outfit doing about the same thing, but I think the wardens started signing autographs at their shindig. I forgot exactly what the deal was, but if I remember correctly it was for baiting birds. I don't think the paying customers got written up, but the ol boys running it got them a handful of tickets and had to give out refunds to people. Apparently they tossed out sunflower seeds or what have you, with no intention of seeding a crop. So beware, there are some legit outfits there on Craigslist, and some not so legit. That's about all I know.

Outside

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinks for the info. A dove lease would be great for me but I will settle with just a couple of hunts if I can. I will look into the guy in Cushings.

I don't think hunting with 50 plus people is not my kind of hunting. Thanks for the info though. I will make sure I am not hunting baited fields. If I want to shoot for fun I will grab the skeet throwers and head to the range.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were a couple wardens hunting in the group on the field over by Collinsville last year. I didn't know it at the time but the warden here is my best friend and he told me afterward. There wasn't any baiting but there were sure tons of birds and he had a lot of hunters out but it was not a problem. There were plenty of birds for everyone.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, don't knock 50 guys in a field. it depends on how big the field is. i have been in fields where 50 were not enough and fields where 20 were plenty. i can tell you this i hate to have a portion of the field without any hunters and the birds go there and laught at you.

there are several good groups around here. most of the time, for me at least, it still pays to go out and scout the fields available to hunt.

i have hunted with a group that hunts around Morris OK for years and most of the time it is a good hunt.

a heavy rain in the week prior to opening day can move the birds out.

if you want the name and number of the group that hunts around Morris give me a shout.

William74037

New to the site!
Reaction score
Last year there were some fellars posting ads on Craigslist for Dove hunts around the Owasso area. I just searched for them and don't see them listed yet, but you will probably see them in the coming months. I passed by one of the fields they were hunting opening morning and looked like they had 50+ vehicles. There were a lot of birds in the area, they had slung seed for wheat a week or so before I would imagine. A couple of game wardens staked out at the corners keeping an eye on everything. I reckon if that's how someone wanted to dove hunt, they seemed to be taking anyone with money in hand. I guess that's city boy dove huntin, too many guns for my liking.

There was another outfit doing about the same thing, but I think the wardens started signing autographs at their shindig. I forgot exactly what the deal was, but if I remember correctly it was for baiting birds. I don't think the paying customers got written up, but the ol boys running it got them a handful of tickets and had to give out refunds to people. Apparently they tossed out sunflower seeds or what have you, with no intention of seeding a crop. So beware, there are some legit outfits there on Craigslist, and some not so legit. That's about all I know.
From 56th street North from Sheridan to Mingo all the way to Collinsville Montgomery leases all that charges $250 a gun ridiculous.i hunted all that back in the 80's until I retired from the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office from dove, ducks and deer. It's was free back then took care of the farmers.lefy for ten years for government works came back all leased out to Montgomery.Heard last few years those city boys got mad at him for not harvesting the crops properly and dove were far and few. I am in Jenks now would love to find a place myself close to Jenks like Bixby or Glenpool.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted with the guy in Cushing last year and one over around Collinsville. Both hunts were great and limited out on both. The guy in Cushing is Kevin Holderead and you can get in contact with him by calling Continental Concrete Company in Cushing. My brother arranged the other hunt and I will try to find out about it and let you know.
Kevin is one of my buddies and fraturnity Brothers from OSU. He took me on my first dove hunt back in the mid '90s when we were in college. Probably my closest friend from my college days at OSU. Super good guy and has many sections of land in Lincoln and Creek County. I can check in with him and if he agrees I'll PM the his number to who needs it. I would be surprised if the office will give out his cell number. He is one of the owners of Continental but he is not involved too much with the day to day operations.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kevin is one of my buddies and fraturnity Brothers from OSU. He took me on my first dove hunt back in the mid '90s when we were in college. Probably my closest friend from my college days at OSU. Super good guy and has many sections of land in Lincoln and Creek County. I can check in with him and if he agrees I'll PM the his number to who needs it. I would be surprised if the office will give out his cell number. He is one of the owners of Continental but he is not involved too much with the day to day operations.
This is a 10 year old question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom