Drug testing for Welfare payments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a link yet, but on Chan 5 OKC, they just talked about an upcoming proposal to drug test folks in Oklahoma on welfare. The ACLU says they can defeat it in Court.
Florida has passed this type of law, and said they saved 1 million dollars in the first MONTH.
ACLU is suing.

The ACLU has recently had the same law in Michigan overturned.

Why would anybody be against this, other than the bottom sucking scum drug users that are overwhelming the Welfare system that legitimate users really need?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Government mandated prohibition only if your sucking from the government tit.

Work a job, earn your own money and you can spend every dime on hookers and blow. I don't care. My taxes? I absolutely care and have every right to say who gets it and under what circumstances.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Government mandated prohibition only if your sucking from the government tit.

Work a job, earn your own money and you can spend every dime on hookers and blow. I don't care. My taxes? I absolutely care and have every right to say who gets it and under what circumstances.

Unfortunately controlled substances laws apply to any person, regardless of their welfare and income status. As such, I oppose all regulation that infringes on one's ability to decide what they wish to put into there body, whether it involves welfare or not.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately controlled substances laws apply to any person, regardless of their welfare and income status. As such, I oppose all regulation that infringes on one's ability to decide what they wish to put into there body, whether it involves welfare or not.

How in the world does peeing in a cup to get your welfare money apply to everyone? If you don't want to have to pee in a cup to get your check, then don't sign up for and accept welfare. I'll never have to pee in a cup to get a welfarecheck because I'm never gonna get welfare. Welfare is a voluntary program. Just like you give up your personal rights to get on an airplane when you voluntarily allow all types of searches of your person and property, you can and should have to give up certain rights to collect a check.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that needs to be considered is the fact that those with drug problems... while yes, it's their problem... some, if not most of those kids wouldn't have anything if it weren't for welfare. You can't deny a child for its parent's problems.

Sad but true.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was replying to your statement, "Work a job, earn your own money and you can spend every dime on hookers and blow. "

I earn my own money and cannot engage in such activity, as it is illegal. I believe such activities should not be under the scrutiny of our government. As such, I principally oppose all legislation related to such activities, regardless of whether it involves welfare or not.

The dole is not my issue here. Accepting government testing of what people decide to put into there bodies is very much the issue. It doesn't matter whether it is related to parole/probation, government employment, or receipt of welfare. I feel its out of scope on any level; local, state, or federal.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that needs to be considered is the fact that those with drug problems... while yes, it's their problem... some, if not most of those kids wouldn't have anything if it weren't for welfare. You can't deny a child for its parent's problems.

Sad but true.

Drug users shouldn't be raising children. Take the kids and the money away. Easy fix.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think its a brilliant idea. If these people have enough money to buy drugs then why would they need government assistance?

it makes me mad that some people think everything should be handed to them.

for years i was working minimum wage, got two kids and was going to college and i never had my hands out for welfare or food stamps etc..

all those lazy drug addicts can just starve for all i care.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was replying to your statement, "Work a job, earn your own money and you can spend every dime on hookers and blow. "

I earn my own money and cannot engage in such activity, as it is illegal. I believe such activities should not be under the scrutiny of our government. As such, I principally oppose all legislation related to such activities, regardless of whether it involves welfare or not.

The dole is not my issue here. Accepting government testing of what people decide to put into there bodies is very much the issue. It doesn't matter whether it is related to parole/probation, government employment, or receipt of welfare. I feel its out of scope on any level; local, state, or federal.

Then certainly you feel that welfare, itself, is out of the scope of government and therefore the point is moot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom