Duck/goose hunting 1st!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father in-law and I went out yesterday morning to do some duck/goose hunting on one of his larger farm ponds. Got the blind setup, threw the duck and goose decoys out and started calling at shooting time. Was a pretty slow morning given the fact it was a warm "bluebird" day. We ended up with 3 lesser Canadians, 2 mallard drakes, 2 gadwalls, and a COYOTE!

Seriously, I have never killed a yote while duck hunting. I guess the smell of the water fowl brought it in? We sitting there calling, I caught movement out of corner of my eye, registered what I was seeing, popped up and toasted a yote with steel #2 from about 15 yards. She was on a bee line to the game bag and never even noticed us sitting in the blind. Anyway, was a 1st for me and really capped an enjoyable morning! Thought it was worth sharing!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we've busted a couple while goose hunting wheat fields. all of a sudden they will come barreling out of a fence line and rush the decoys looking for breakfast. what a surprise when they get pummeled by 9-12 rounds of BB! cool story you have there, you'll remember it for a long time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom