Eat and Shoot Dates Established -@gerhard1 's Outdooor Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just going to start a new thread here as we pretty much destroyed the "proposed ENS thread" by derailment extremous...and also because we now have TWO dates in early 2019 to have an Eat and Shoot (ENS) at the private outdoor range owned by @gerhard1 up in the North part of the state, in beautiful Renfro, OK. Renfro is about 6 miles north of Medford on Hwy 81. Exact directions will be posted later in this thread as we firm up attendance and get closer to the event. The selection and exact location of the establishment we will go to later on in the day to eat will be determined and announced later as well. The start time for both ENS dates is 9:00 AM, subject to minor changes as we get closer to the event.

The dates selected are:

1. January 26, 2019
2. February 23, 2019

You may come to either or both! As @gerhard1 says: "The more, the merrier!" Folks, seriously, if you have not been to one of the ENS, they are an absolute blast. I know it will probably be cold then, but so what? Maybe...wear a coat.

Please, let's try not to derail this thread, (and yes, I am one of the worst when we get to bantering back and forth as we tend do so, feel free to call me on it by PM maybe, and remind me to stay on track as well if you see me veering off into comedy land...)

Anyway, so there you have it, ENS dates are established and hereby posted. I will do my best to come to both events not just to eat and shoot, which I will do plenty of both, but mostly to meet up with new and old members here. These things, particularly when we can have them outdoors, are the most fun you can have with your pants on.

If you plan to attend either or both of these ENS events, please indicate so here in this thread and if you are going to bring something cool, outside the normal kind of things we might have or something we're at least aware of, post that too.

Hope to see you there!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoke with the wife, and unless something comes up, we'll try to make the January date. And, if we don't "offend" too many people, we might could show up for the February date as well.

(Just in case someone wants more photos of the EnS and its participants.)

Of course, as mentioned in the other thread, my shooters go "click" about every time instead of "bang."

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the first thread:
Is a start time of 0900 for both dates okay? I'm going to start a new thread here in a bit since we now have the dates established.
That would be grand. An end time might be noon or thereabouts.

We might try Smrka's in Medford for the 'Eat' part this time. The Red Barn in Caldwell, is excellent, but Smrka's is as well.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spoke with the wife, and unless something comes up, we'll try to make the January date. And, if we don't "offend" too many people, we might could show up for the February date as well.

(Just in case someone wants more photos of the EnS and its participants.)

Of course, as mentioned in the other thread, my shooters go "click" about every time instead of "bang."
I hope you can come to both of them. Do you do videos as well?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in for both. Since its gonna be cold, I'd suggest everyone bring a thermos of coffee, or tea -- I hate to say it but in order to make sure there are no misunderstandings, NO ALCOHOL PLEASE -- and I'll see if I can find some cookies laying around here for you guys to snack on while we are hanging out. I don't want @D. Hargrove rum birfday cake to disappear before we get to lunch! :faint:

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If @TerryMiller comes, we can get some good pics, and maybe get him to post them here as part of the after-action report! I'm gonna be like @Tanis143 and try to clean up a little bit; you know, slick the cowlick down, clean shirt, maybe shave...nah...I don't wanna push it. I sure hope @Dancer4dLife can make it, so I can thank him in person for the Secret Santa activity he set up and ran here on OSA.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If @TerryMiller comes, we can get some good pics, and maybe get him to post them here as part of the after-action report! I'm gonna be like @Tanis143 and try to clean up a little bit; you know, slick the cowlick down, clean shirt, maybe shave...nah...I don't wanna push it. I sure hope @Dancer4dLife can make it, so I can thank him in person for the Secret Santa activity he set up and ran here on OSA.

I'm sorry but I don't wanna be in any pics. Personal reasons. I'll try and stay outta the way.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in for both. Since its gonna be cold, I'd suggest everyone bring a thermos of coffee, or tea -- I hate to say it but in order to make sure there are no misunderstandings, NO ALCOHOL PLEASE -- and I'll see if I can find some cookies laying around here for you guys to snack on while we are hanging out. I don't want @D. Hargrove rum birfday cake to disappear before we get to lunch! :faint:
I can't emphasize this enough. I want us to have a blast (pun intended!!) but not from alcohol or other drugs.

On the ammunition used, please no incendiary stuff or depleted uranium* but steel core, and almost any other types will be allowed. So, if you have some steel core you can't shoot anywhere else, bring it with you and use it.

On the guns, Annie and her husband plan to bring a Ruger AC556, I'll have a couple of old Colt revolvers, (a Police Positive and a Police Positive Special) in 32. The first one is 104 years old and is in good shape for shooting, and the other one is 61 years old and is remarkable for its' butter-smooth action. I'll probably have a few others.

What guns does anyone else plan on bringing?

* Just joking. I doubt that civilians can even get it.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine are nothing special, but I plan on bringing all my handguns: Rugar EC9s, Walther P22QD, Taurus P840 and Baretta PX4 .40 compact plus ammo. Ammo will be just plain range ammo, WWB for the 9's and .40's and Blazer .22. I should be able to make the Jan 26th if not then the Feb 23rd.

*edit* Spoke with the better half, we will both be there on the Jan 26th barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom