Egg Nog and Egg Nog Recipies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Well ol' Cohiba needs a little help with some egg nog/e.n. recipies. Tomorrow I'll be off for veterans day and the wife and I will be running around OKC. So, we'll stop in on Whole Foods and look at their Thanksgiving Food/Turkey packages, then we'll hit a few liquor stores to see whats in for egg nog.

This leads to the title and a few questions. What favorite brands of egg nog have you tried and recommend? Both with & without alcohol. We have had some(non-alcohol) that tasted like liquid plastic...yuck!! Any good recipies you suggest?

I've run across a few and here is one...anyone make this?
Jim Beam® Bourbon Egg Nog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients
3/4 cup Jim Beam® Bourbon
6 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Preparation
Beat egg yolks and sugar in a medium saucepan. Slowly beat in 2 cups of the milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thermometer registers 150 degrees, or mixture coats the back of a metal spoon, Remove from heat; strain into container. Stir in remaining milk, Jim Beam® Bourbon, vanilla and nutmeg. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Makes 6-8 servings.

**Yes I've tried Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog...its okay.
[Broken External Image]

Evan Williams....any good?
[Broken External Image]

Let me know so I can try a few suggestions before the holiday parties begin!

Thanks
Cohiba

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would think considering the subject I would be able to make a worthy contribution..... But alas if it has dairy or spiced rum it might put me in the ER. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom