Elk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving up the turnpike today and noticed a dead elk on the side of the highway North of Chickasha. That's quite a ways North of the elk down by Lawton, have they moved that far North?
I saw it too coming back from dove hunting and had to do a double take. I can't believe someone would road kill an elk and not get it tagged and processed. Too good of meet to leave on the highway.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I killed a large mule deer buck just South of the Kansas border probably 30+ years ago in Kay county. Took it to Braman where the fire department check station was located. We all knew it was a deer, but nobody had ever seen a mule deer and the internet wasn’t available at that time for research. It was years later when finally discovering it was a mule deer. The rack hangs in my shop building to this day.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
A trophy 6X6 was killed in Payne County 10-15 years ago. A runt bull was killed in Noble County 20 years ago. A buddy of mine killed an Aoudad SW of Stillwater last year.
I’ve burned an awful lot of time trying to find some Aoudad. Hasn’t happened yet, but eventually. I know they’re there.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sandy Sanders WMA
245349484_415535203272133_4567689022550714838_n.jpg

lol just kidding.

That’s where I’ve spent my time looking for them. Although I did look at black kettle and packsaddle too. Haven’t seen any yet. Even talk to the biologist about it, but he got kinda odd about it.

Last edited:

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving up the turnpike today and noticed a dead elk on the side of the highway North of Chickasha. That's quite a ways North of the elk down by Lawton, have they moved that far North?
I saw that Friday, Cow elk laying in the ditch, definitely did a double take on that, strange to see one that far up!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well an Elk wanders off Witchita refuge, gets chased by some dogs, grazes a few days, gets chased again, and again, and again till it's spotted in southern OKC. Anything possible nowdays, Some say Biden won an election.

Latest posts

Top Bottom