Email from the CMP??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone get this email from the CMP? I can’t believe a bill in CA can apply to the rest of the country, let alone to email addresses that could be from anywhere in the world! Is anyone here subscribed to the CMP’s Facebook page where this can be confirmed with the negative comments that are sure to be posted?

B0992A47-1491-49C7-8F51-4C237AF5BED3.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I got it. Just deleted it because if it's phishing, it's gone; if it's real, I DGAF about Cali so it's gone; if they require my personal info for mailers, then F'em, it's gone. Any way it's a win.

I'll add that it looks classic phishing...database was prolly hacked. If not, I don't need their spam

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use your mouse and hover over the sending email address. Do not click on it. Just look to see if it matches what is on screen.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use your mouse and hover over the sending email address. Do not click on it. Just look to see if it matches what is on screen.

I received it on my iPad, so no mouse overs. But I did like @JEVapa and deleted it.
as he said, likely a phishing scam, but I’m sure if it’s for real, there will be a lot of negative feedback and the CMP will rescind it.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know it’s phishing or not, but makes sense. If they don’t know your full address they wouldn’t know who is in CA or not and won’t risk sending an email and breaking the law

Latest posts

Top Bottom