Entomology for Fly Fishers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going down to take this class, just wanted to pass along the info if anyone else was interested. Still openings available.

Entomology for Fly Fishers

Three Rivers Fly Shop offers Entomology for Fly Fishers with entomologist Robert Woodruff twice a year (May and November). The registration fee is $75 for the 2-day class.

Entomology for Fly Fishers gives an overview of the arthropods, both aquatic and terrestrial, that are of importance to the fly fisherman.

Topics covered include sampling techniques, identification of both larval and adult stages and simple biology of the species. The ultimate goal of the class is for the angler to develop the ability to equate in-the-field observation to fly selection and construction in order to achieve success.

The class consists of 4 hours of lecture and demonstration as well as a half-day field trip. The classroom portion will be held at Three Rivers Fly Shop on Saturday and the field trip will be on the lower Mountain Fork River on Sunday. While on the river, students will participate in the collection and evaluation of insect samples and receive instruction on fly selection.

Your place can be reserved for this class by calling us at 580-494-6115. A VISA, MasterCard or Discover card can hold your spot or you can mail your check in the amount of $75 for each space you wish to reserve to Three Rivers Fly Shop, Route 4 Box 27-1, Broken Bow, OK 74728.

2011 CLASS CALENDAR

November 12 - 13 (Sat., Sun.) --- Entomology Class (Taking Reservations Now!)

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll be down there later this week and early next doing some scouting of the river and camping sites. Haven't been there in years. I have a trip planned to Sardis Lake during the November dates but might take one later in combo with a fly fishing trip down there. I understand he is supposed to be giving a presentation here soon about fishing the LMF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom