Estimated building costs ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davwingman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here have an accurate estimate for cost per sq. ft. to build about an 800 sq. ft.
house/cabin ? Not real fancy , just comfortable. Got my eye on some property around Durant. Will also be looking for a builder, any recommendations ? Thanks!!

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here have an accurate estimate for cost per sq. ft. to build about an 800 sq. ft.
house/cabin ? Not real fancy , just comfortable. Got my eye on some property around Durant. Will also be looking for a builder, any recommendations ? Thanks!!

Gonna guess $80 per foot.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had a 1500 sq ft shop built at my house. I did the dirt work and the electrical. The structure, including concrete, is 50x30x10 with 3 roll up doors and a 1 walk thru cost me 15,650, turn key. That is about $10 per sq ft. The smaller you go, the more expensive it gets per sq. A building that is 20x30 will cost 9-11k, depending on the builder. I have just under 20k in my building after electrical. Interior walls and other stuff are extra. I would plan on 12k and if you get a better deal, buy some guuuns.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you considered a pole barn style construction ??? Septic or city sewer ??? HVAC or not ??? There is no way anyone can throw out a number without more details.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a contractor the structure will cost somewhere between 75-100 per sq ft depending on how you finish out. Always tell my clients to add 10% for unseen things that can bite you, also don't forget to factor in utilities to construction sight and driveway to cabin. There are quite a few no seeums that can add up quick if you are not familiar with building. Also today you can barter if you have something of value to help keep prices down. I have noticed up upswing in bartering with my business, alway worth a shot all they can say is no thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom