Experience with RAM ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, this is excellent ammo.

I work periodically at Bullseye Indoor Shooting Range in Wichita, KS and have off and on for about 5 years now. Bullseye has carried RAM ammo even before I worked there. I have no knowledge of any issues with it outside of the .40 which is no longer loaded and have personally shot well over 10,000 rounds of the pistol ammo through all manner of pistols and even a few subguns. The majority of what I have shot is .45acp and 9mm but I have shot some of the .380acp, .40S&W , .38 special, .357 mag, .44mag and .45 long colt.

As far as his rifle stuff goes I've shot a little less than 2k of the .223 and 50 or so of the 7.62x39 with no issues. I know several folks who swear by the 30.06 and .308 loads.

Also RAM has done a lot of specific loadings for certain calibers. There have been specific loadings for .223 and .308 such as 55gr SP, SS109, 75gr BTHP, 168gr BTHP and I even recall a VMAX loading for the .308 as well. Approximately two years or so ago RAM was able to get primed steel 7.62x39 cases and loaded them with the Hornady VMAX bullets, I believe this was nearly a year before Hornady offered the load themselves. There a lot more than what I've listed.

RAM is the ammunition du jour for our rental guns at the Bullseye as we require people to fed our rentals with ammo bought from the range.

To sum it up succinctly: Me Likey. :D

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom