Fall KGA Shop Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ray,
We plan on having smoke turkey , bake bean , and coleslaw

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 17, 2014, at 6:18 PM, "Ray Kirk" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The KGA will be having its fall shop tour at the home of Bill Kennedy. It will be on Sept, 20, 2014 and run from around 10:00 AM till around 4:00 PM.
> Bill has volunteered his facilities for us again and am looking forward to having a great time again.
> What we need is a few suggestions for demonstrations that you would like to see. There are volunteers waiting to see if you want to see something they can do. <wlEmoticon-smile[1].png> Of course, we do need to know what would be most beneficial to the group.
> Since Bill does a Great Job on the knives he makes and some of it is using the machine tools he has, some sort of short demo would be appreciated. I know that I am continuing to find out things that I should have known a long time ago while using the end mill.
> Please let me know if you plan to attend so we can get a head count on food. I haven’t talked to Bill about the fare yet but have never been disappointed at a shop tour yet when it comes to eating. <wlEmoticon-smile[1].png> I do have some experience in that area also.
> Looking forward to seeing every one and hopefully it will be a great day.
> If you have friends that would like to attend, please bring them to share the day with.
>
> Ray Kirk
> www.rakerknives.com
> KGA Sec/Treas
> A chance of success exists when you try,
> Failure is a sure thing when you quit.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KGA Fall Shop Tour

Sept 20, 2014

The details for the agenda of the fallshop tour of the Knife Group Association have been started.
Time: Sept. 20, 2014, 10:00 AM till around 4:00 PM, Place: The home of Bill Kennedy, Yukon, OK.

The fall shop tour will be held this year at the home of Bill Kennedy in Yukon, OK The directions to his home is;
I-40 WEST of OKC to Cimaron Road ( exit 132) - go South on Cimarron road to NW 23 RD - turn East on 23RD to Lost Lake Lane to end circle. Bill's house is the one on the Right.
We plan on having smoke turkey , bake bean , and coleslaw. Side dishes and desserts are welcome.
Brion Tomberlin has volunteered to do a forging demo of what some one may need. I can help. Bill has a good machine shop and may be able to answer a few questions.
What I want is to have some suggestions on something that you would like to see. We have some of the finest knife makers in the country in our club and all have been willing to share their information. We just need to know if there is something that we can help you with.

This is also for friends and other interested persons that may have an interest in knives or knife making. I appreciate your support in the past and look forward to seeing those that may be able to attend.

The Iron in the Hat drawings will be after lunch . Others are encouraged to bring something for the Iron in the Hat drawings. This is how we support help support our shop tours. It also gives many a chance to win something for a small donation. All ticket buyers will have their ticket put into one large box and be eligible to be drawn for the grand prize.

As usual, we encourage tail gate sales and if you want, bring a works in progress to show others how you may be doing things or to ask questions.

There may also be a discussion about how to build gas forges. A few have expressed an interest in this information and there should be several at the meeting that can answer their questions.

Looking forward to seeing every one again and if you can, please let me know if you plan on attending. This does make it easier to plan for the meal. Email me at [email protected] or call me at 918-207-8076, which is my cell phone.
T

Home Application Member List Links of Interest Contact

KGA News Oklahoma Custom Knife Show Member Events

Dale Atkerson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great little get together. Thefe will be tons of experiance and knowledge. Every one there will share all they know. Its a great group of guys who love knives. Any one with intrest in knives should attend.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A last gentle reminder of tomorrow. Come visit with area knifemakers and enjoy the group. We have never went hungry and at times can be miserable from all the good food that is served for lunch.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gangs all here.jpg
We had a good turn out for the shop tour. Many old friendships were renewed. We even had Uncle Al from DeQueen, Ark stop by on his way to a Wyoming antelope hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom