Famous, or infamous, things your parents said.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad, "I used to live up north until I tucked a snow shovel under my arm and walked straight south until someone asked me what it was. (He was born and raised in Isabella and Fairview in Major County but could turn a phrase.)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A college buddy told me that when I got married, but said “….. add a penny to the jar after sex during 1st year of married life, then start taking one out in year 2 after each time.”

After nearly 40 yrs of marriage (with same woman!), I still have money in the jar…!!!
Dad and I, both knew my first marriage was on shaky ground. He could tell what type of woman she was but I was in lust and was thinking with the little head. I was determined to man up and do the right thing. He then said, "Think about this son, Is the f**ing you get worth the F***KING you get?" That was the first and last time I ever heard my dad say those words. Of course, the marriage failed and I was stuck paying for a daughter I never knew for sure was mine. I still claim my grandkids though.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
48815dfb93fb1ae8f4be398716b1f7f8--doc-martin-tv-show-martin-omalley.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad, when partaking of a delicious meal or pie would announce to the whole family "this is too good for most folks".

And a wise bit of advice from a man that was 100% dependent on someone else to provide his meals...
"don't make the cook mad".

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad, when partaking of a delicious meal or pie would announce to the whole family "this is too good for most folks".

And a wise bit of advice from a man that was 100% dependent on someone else to provide his meals...
"don't make the cook mad".

And every meal she fixes, she gets a "thank you," even if it is just a peanut butter sandwich.

Latest posts

Top Bottom