1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Fancy weapon lights?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by HoLeChit, Dec 28, 2020.

1. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Rifle Laser/flashlight combo? Like a Perst-2 or PEQ15. I’m wanting one or two, but cannot find anything in a modest price range. All I find is $200 air soft crap or north of $1000, even for good Russian stuff, or holosun. Is there a decent middle ground? I wouldn’t mind spending $600 each, but $1000+ when I don’t need it for work/to survive is a little rich for my blood right now.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I ran on to this weapon light/laser combo on govx.com.
    1300 lumens selectable to 600. Green laser visible in daylight for $130 on sale from $150. It has a QD mount and must have a 4” barrel minimum. Ambidextrous.
    This will light up a room!
    I have two now.

IMG_2175.jpg

HoLeChit likes this.
  3. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    move been considering that light or a surefire for my handgun needs, but I’m wanting something a little different for my long rifles. Something like this.

Attached Files:

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Didn’t know you were looking at a rifle light/laser.
    I’m not in that game so the pistol gear is all I have to offer.
    I would think one of those I mentioned could be mounted on a a short section of a rail under a hand guard though in reach of ones normal hand position on the hand guard?
    It certainly throws enough light.

5. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Dennis, those olights plain suck, what's more, one blew up and killed somebody

6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’d sure like to see how one blew up although they do generate some heat for sure if left on for an extended period of time.
    I’m not doubting you, but I need to see some links to Convience me. You can PM if you prefer.

MrChris likes this.
  7. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.1%
    Surefire and Streamlight offer excellent WMLs for under $400/$500. Streamlight is cheaper and IMHO, just as good as Surefire.

MCVetSteve likes this.
  8. MCVetSteve

MCVetSteve Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I can’t seem to find it right now, but I’m almost certain that Steiner makes a visible light version of their DBAL. I’m only able to find the ones with the IR illumination. I’m sure somebody makes one though.

9. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    OK, I did a little research. Here is the story of the guy who was killed.
    KANKAKEE — The man who was severely injured when a flashlight exploded in his mouth earlier this week has died.

Caleb Joyner, of Avon, Ind., was pronounced dead at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday at Presence St. Mary's Hospital, according to Kankakee County Coroner Bob Gessner.

The 36-year-old Joyner, who owns a remodeling and construction company, was an organ donor and several of his organs and tissue were harvested.

According to Gessner, Joyner stopped in the parking lot at Lowe's, 860 North Kinzie Ave., in Bradley, because something was wrong with his vehicle on Tuesday night.

Gessner said Joyner was looking under the hood and bent down for a closer look. He got close to the vehicle's battery and the flashlight exploded.

Police were performing CPR when when an EMS squad from Bourbonnais Fire Protection District arrived.
    https://www.daily-journal.com/news/...cle_0e6074a5-7051-54ce-8d4c-0698795266cd.html

The story isn't complete about why the light exploded. Gasses from the battery, or did he come in contact with the battery terminals? Either way it was being improperly used.
    I'll still back them up as a great WML for the price.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021