Favorite war movies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really a big fan of war movies...

I remember seeing a comedic one as a kid, but don't remember the title. It was WWII, and the crew had to leave the port in a sub that was primered, but not painted yet. So it was sort of a pink color.

Along the way, they rescued a bunch of nurses from a hospital ship (I think?). So they had these women always in the way, along with lingerie hanging everywhere.

One scene that sticks in my mind... they were doing reconnaissance along enemy shores, and one of the girls came through, lost her balance, and accidently hit a lever that fired a torpedo toward the beach. It went up on the beach, hit a military vehicle and exploded.

One of the guys told the skipper, "We just sunk a truck!"

Probably too silly to watch as an adult anyway. :D
:drunk2:
Operation petticoat, loved and watched with one of my Daughters, she laughed and laughed.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me the best is; The Devils Brigade. WW2 true story of the First Special Service Force. The forerunners to the Green Berets. Mix of USA and Canadians volunteers and hand picked by Col. Fredricks. Hollywood kind of changed it up some but still a great movie. I was lucky My Uncle was one of them that made it home. They were some of the bravest men ever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom