Ferguson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The scenario you describe happened once - at Lexington, MA on April 19th, 1775.
The forces sent to disarm the citizens were at a bit of a standoff with the fellows standing in the middle of town. The citizens were actually leaving.....and a shot was fired - without the command to fire. What ensued was a massacre of Lexington citizens, followed by a rout of the occupying forces.
The shot was that was fired almost certainly came from the British, but I doubt that it would make any difference in the days events had it come from the crowd.
Should an event like Ferguson get a nudge like that, I have no doubt, the situation would escalate muy pronto. I do doubt that the citizenry would unite over that particular cause, more than likely it would be limited to that area. For a while.

I used that analogy over in the GD thread. IMO Americans are ripe for something like this, not that I look fwd to it but I think its a real enough possibility to keep an eye on. Esp if there is a trial and it proves justified. ..rightly or wrongly.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used that analogy over in the GD thread. IMO Americans are ripe for something like this, not that I look fwd to it but I think its a real enough possibility to keep an eye on. Esp if there is a trial and it proves justified. ..rightly or wrongly.

No they are not. There are several new iphones coming out this month, IIRC ... Plus, football's starting and so is the Fall lineup ...

:lookaroun Which reminds me ... Anyone know when the new season of Game of Thrones starts?? :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom