Ferguson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on if I have to go to work the next day or not. I don't really have anywhere to bug out to except my hunting lease an hour east of OKC, so I'd prob just sit at home till it got real bad and hope I could drive out of town.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think St Louis is lucky it didn't get bigger. The north side of the county and the east suburbs across the river in Illinois has a larger population of poor and black folks. I point this out only because St. Louis has more notable racial tension than any city I've been in
I have seen the opposite. I feel like there is less tension there, then in Oklahoma. As far as guns and ammo. All of the people from across the river in little Russia come over to buy. You have to have an ammo card to buy in Illinois. They just drive across the bridge and buy in STL. I am talking to people in STL every night. They do not plan on letting it move out of North County. The people there are sick of putting up with North County and do not want it to spread. STL as a whole, has a lot of poor people. The economy has not been real good there for several years. I talked to my cousin's husband "who is black" a couple of nights ago. He just said that "The NC is just acting like the NC". He was one of the first people that told me to stay the hell out of North County years ago.
I am tired of seeing the media using another chance to make everything about race.
I think people all over STL "of every color" are going to protect what is theirs. From the LEO and the thugs.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on if I have to go to work the next day or not. I don't really have anywhere to bug out to except my hunting lease an hour east of OKC, so I'd prob just sit at home till it got real bad and hope I could drive out of town.

Lol ... that's what GC said ... we don't have anywhere to bug out to and I wouldn't go anyway.

This is my home. I'll stay out of your neighborhood ... I expect the same courtesy from others. And if you don't, well, you reap what you sow. And I have a whole neighborhood of folks who feel the same damned way ...

Of course, since I "live with the enemy" I'm in a little different position that the rest of you guys. And if you think I won't "scope" the crowd with MY AR ... well, you're gonna be in for quite a surprise. :naughty:

Last edited:

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen the opposite. I feel like there is less tension there, then in Oklahoma. As far as guns and ammo. All of the people from across the river in little Russia come over to buy. You have to have an ammo card to buy in Illinois. They just drive across the bridge and buy in STL. I am talking to people in STL every night. They do not plan on letting it move out of North County. The people there are sick of putting up with North County and do not want it to spread. STL as a whole, has a lot of poor people. The economy has not been real good there for several years. I talked to my cousin's husband "who is black" a couple of nights ago. He just said that "The NC is just acting like the NC". He was one of the first people that told me to stay the hell out of North County years ago.
I am tired of seeing the media using another chance to make everything about race.
I think people all over STL "of every color" are going to protect what is theirs. From the LEO and the thugs.

I lived in both STL and OKC and I don't really hear the overt racial tensions here like I did in STL. Maybe it's just the people there are more judgmental in general (west county snobs vs south county hoosiers, vs St. Charles wannabes, vs Jeffco/Festus/Crystal City, etc). I'm not really sure about the details of the spike in gun sales (saw it on the news) but I did talk to friends/family up there who are old rust-belt democrats that don't see the "need" for guns talking about picking one up just in case it spilled over especially after the incident at the Galleria. I haven't lived there for over a decade but I'm up there two or three times a year and really nothing has changed. You are right that the economy up there sucks. Couldn't pay me enough to move back to STL which is sad because the area is nice (in a hills/trees sort of way).

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in the country but within 25 miles of Tulsa and two miles from Coweta. I'd stay home because, like BB, it's home and that's where I think we should be. I simply can't believe anything like this would ever happen in Coweta...but ya never know. And if it happened in Tulsa there's no guarantee that some boob on their way to the fracas wouldn't randomly stop by for a warmup fight. But they would quickly find out that Bulldog don't whip easy and he never gives up.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right that the economy up there sucks. Couldn't pay me enough to move back to STL which is sad because the area is nice (in a hills/trees sort of way).

I would love to move back, but it is hard to find a good job. I lived in Imperial and loved it. I just almost bought a house in Kimmswick. We still think about moving back someday, but I would have to find a great job. Maybe one of these days.
We have kinda moved our focus to Florida, or northern New Mexico. I do miss going down to the old town on the weekends.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We live in the country but within 25 miles of Tulsa and two miles from Coweta. I'd stay home because, like BB, it's home and that's where I think we should be. I simply can't believe anything like this would ever happen in Coweta...but ya never know. And if it happened in Tulsa there's no guarantee that some boob on their way to the fracas wouldn't randomly stop by for a warmup fight. But they would quickly find out that Bulldog don't whip easy and he never gives up.

Like you im kinda outside the city zone. Its the escalation part that I worry about. Using Ferguson as the example. Relatively small section of a bigger city. Sure the riot and looting "could" spread and be contained, even if it spread to greater St. Louis, Leo's and NG could contain it.

It was the "other" potential accidental escalation I worried most about. What if the crowd of protesters was fired into. How would America react? Theres tons of video footage of Law Enforcement aiming firearms at peaceful crowds.....law enforcement aint exempt from the real possibility of a discharge, accidental or intentional.

The other thing was citizens reacting to officers. If citizens would have fired on officers and officers returned fire by fireing into crowds. Glad it didnt happen but I think it was a very resl possibility.

Thats what concerned me, that kinda escalation. Not sure how America would have reacted or how Missouri would have reacted.

If this escalated into a city wide or State/regional thing, not sure how Americans would react. And im of the opinion, this is a real life example of how S could htf.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess from some viewpoints, we have already bugged out. Moved from Houston area,now halfway between Lawton and Wichita Falls. So a Ferguson situation in either, I go the other way. It escalates and spreads, I'm staying, where ya gonna go, hunker down,, gather the family and keep alert and loaded. Before crossing the fence, you better ask about Post 12, call sign and get clearance.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really kind of scares me that I live in so many peoples bug-out path.
Us? We're not going anywhere if we can help it. Just ride it out at home.
I did scatter some essentials in out-of-the-way locations.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like you im kinda outside the city zone. Its the escalation part that I worry about. Using Ferguson as the example. Relatively small section of a bigger city. Sure the riot and looting "could" spread and be contained, even if it spread to greater St. Louis, Leo's and NG could contain it.

It was the "other" potential accidental escalation I worried most about. What if the crowd of protesters was fired into. How would America react? Theres tons of video footage of Law Enforcement aiming firearms at peaceful crowds.....law enforcement aint exempt from the real possibility of a discharge, accidental or intentional.

The other thing was citizens reacting to officers. If citizens would have fired on officers and officers returned fire by fireing into crowds. Glad it didnt happen but I think it was a very resl possibility.

Thats what concerned me, that kinda escalation. Not sure how America would have reacted or how Missouri would have reacted.

If this escalated into a city wide or State/regional thing, not sure how Americans would react. And im of the opinion, this is a real life example of how S could htf.

The scenario you describe happened once - at Lexington, MA on April 19th, 1775.
The forces sent to disarm the citizens were at a bit of a standoff with the fellows standing in the middle of town. The citizens were actually leaving.....and a shot was fired - without the command to fire. What ensued was a massacre of Lexington citizens, followed by a rout of the occupying forces.
The shot was that was fired almost certainly came from the British, but I doubt that it would make any difference in the days events had it come from the crowd.
Should an event like Ferguson get a nudge like that, I have no doubt, the situation would escalate muy pronto. I do doubt that the citizenry would unite over that particular cause, more than likely it would be limited to that area. For a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom