FFL that will mail handgun ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlp

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a FFL in the Tulsa or Broken Arrow area that will mail a handgun to the manufacturer for repair.

The reason for wanting to find such an FFL is that FFLs can use USPS to mail handguns (which is much cheaper than FedEx Priority Overnight or UPS Next Day Air, which are the only alternatives for non-FFLs to ship a handgun).

Reddog1/Patrick at Broken Arrow National Guns used to do so for what I recall was $10 or $15 fee (on top of whatever USPS mail 2nd day air + insurance), but he tells me that he no longer does so. (His sales business just keeps him busy to do that anymore.)

If you are such an FFL, or know of one, please post reply. Thanks in advance.

dlp

New to the site!
Reaction score
Don't know what you're shipping, but the manufacturer couldn't email you a Prepaid label?

It's a Kel-Tec pistol.
I've never heard of them providing prepaid labels (and I do read the KelTec owners forum site).

In fact, their web site only refers to partial shipping reimbursement up to $35, and only if the shipping receipt actually accompanies the gun, your original bill of sale, and is approved by their gunsmith. See http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/warranty-update-second-owner-responsibilities/

"As yet another courtesy, we may be able to reimburse up to $35.00 of shipping charges IF the difficulty can be duplicated by Kel-Tec (be sure you aren't limp-wristing before sending your weapon in) and the following criteria are met:
Shipping refund requests must be provided in writing, along with a copy of the original shipping receipt, and must accompany both the firearm and the bill of sale at the time of service. The firearm must meet Kel-Tec's criteria and be approved by the servicing gunsmith before eligibility will be considered.
Additionally, most FFL holders or licensed gunsmiths can ship a firearm back to the manufacturer via a US Mail one rate box for significantly less than a civilian can. We highly suggest going that route for sending weapons in as it is the least cost prohibitive."

(And yes I am the original owner, so much of the other info on that page doesn't apply, but that is the only info on KelTec's site about return shipping.)

So I am left with the original question:
Which if any FFLs in the Tulsa or Broken Arrow area offer shipping service ?

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is going to a manufacture, sent it UPS or FedEx yourself. It cannot go USPS. You might have to send it form a distribution center, not a local branch. (High Dollar Item). It has to go either overnight or second day air. Call Kel-tech and get a prepaid sticker. I've done this many of times. I has to return to the sender's physical address or pick up at the distribution center.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is going to a manufacture, sent it UPS or FedEx yourself. It cannot go USPS. You might have to send it form a distribution center, not a local branch. (High Dollar Item). It has to go either overnight or second day air. Call Kel-tech and get a prepaid sticker. I've done this many of times. I has to return to the sender's physical address or pick up at the distribution center.

OP was right in that the handgun CAN go thru the mail IF it is being mailed BY an FFL TO the manufacturer.

Two problems though, not every FFL knows this and not every post office knows this.

Sometimes it is more of a headache than it is worth.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom