Finished...Almost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been working on this for a few months and finally have it finished, except for adding in the acoustic under-saddle pickup (L.R. Baggs). The back and sides are mahogany; the top is spruce. The headstock is lacewood with the real ivory maker's mark. There's also real ivory on the heel of the neck. The rosette is koa. Sounds pretty good so far.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_003.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_004.jpg

[Broken External Image]

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dennishoddy: This was my first attempt at any real woodworking. Not only was I learning how to make the guitar, but I was also learning how to use the tools at the same time.

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had our annual Strawberry Festival over the last week and a half. They bring in top entertainers (mostly country). This year we went and saw Aaron Tippin (3rd time). After the show, he signed autographs. So I ran home, grabbed my guitar, and got him to sign it:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_AaronTippinSig.jpg

He and his band members were duly impressed. :pms2: Aaron really liked the guitar, was amazed that it was essentially made from scratch, and enjoyed the smell of the wood. It was a pleasure meeting him. One of the band members played the guitar briefly and took one of my business cards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom