Fire Pit Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to build a fire pit in my backyard. Lowe's and HD have kits using landscape bricks that look nice but I think they are unsafe. You can get the same kit directly from Dolese for a little more than half the price. My concern is that the bricks are not fire rated and if the fire burns hot enough, long enough, they will explode.

Does anyone know where I can find an old tractor wheel or a large thick steel ring to line the fire place? I think steel inside the block would absorb enough heat to keep it safe. I'd like to do something around 4' to 5' in diameter. Any suggestions/concerns?

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment Firepit.jpg

Here's ours! We had a pipe and chainlink cage behind our house the previous owner used for a compost pit. The wife started picking up rocks from around the property and stacked the around it! We can burn logs about 5' long. It has sure come in handy while cleaning up the property - as long as there is no burn ban!

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to the Wildlife Expo at the Lazy E this weekend and pick up one of the prisoner made rings. I've had one for years in my backyard and for the price, there is no comparison (for their grills too)!

At the lake and at the CO cabin, we use rocks that are naturally there, and they work great!

smokingsquirrell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i709.photobucket.com_albums_ww92_acresofoaks_Facebook_Mobile_2fbd54717cfce22277dda0f673fcba13f.jpg

this is what I use, tractor wheel with designs cut into the spacer. Bought it from Jerry Green, he makes and sells a lot of stuff like this. He is south of highway 51 on 48.

Latest posts

Top Bottom