First AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings fellow conservative True Americans™,

Im hoping to acquire my first ar15. Probably carbine 14-16 inch barrel with chrome or similarly lined barrel 1:8. 5.56 Nato chamber. Hoping to get a Colt or SW with a rail top for mounts.

Any good suggestions where I might acquire such a rifle on the internet or northern OKC area?

This is my first ar15, because I've mostly collected cheaper ak47s. My price range is probably 500-1000 American greenbacks.

Thanks!

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.slickguns.com/today

check ^^^ daily for good deals. PSA usually puts out some decent guns for the money. I have a nice smith & Wesson M&P15ts upper I'm thinking about selling. You could pin it to PSA or Anderson lower and have a really nice gun for the money.

ximages.wholesalehunter.com_prodpics_swpic812011.jpg

Good deals on Anderson complete lowers found HERE

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have resisted the urge to get an AR. Went from "no need" to "want but don't need" to "want". Still not decided. Will say that from what I have read about the Ruger AR556 for around $670 I can't find a reason "why not"?

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have resisted the urge to get an AR. Went from "no need" to "want but don't need" to "want". Still not decided. Will say that from what I have read about the Ruger AR556 for around $670 I can't find a reason "why not"?

you can have a nice AR for a lot less than that especially if considering used guns. I bought the one below in excellent condition from a forum member for $550 2 weeks ago.

Here is a complete Anderson flat top AR for $500. Only $6 shipping and $10 FFL transfer to SSP: http://www.wisearms.com/collections/ar-15/products/anderson-ar-15-16

I'm a huge ruger fan but the $500 Anderson is a great gun for $170 less.

i1135.photobucket.com_albums_m627_zghorner_12903402_10101767896039401_1137821250_o.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen the Ruger priced online under $600 in a few places lately. I found them for $540 with free shipping on gunbuyer.com yesterday, but the page is gone now.
https://gunwatcher.com/Deals

The best price I have found on the M&P Sport II is $560 at kygunco with free shipping.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My suggestion is get something that will retain decent resale value, especially if you are buying a new one...Colt 6920 is a good example of this.

Agree with this. Buy a name that people will recognize. The Ruger or S&W should do alright too. For the most part, a complete gun will sell easier for more of what you paid unless you are using premium parts and can quantify that.

I will say that I don't think I've ever lost money on an AR. And I've never owned a factory build either.

If you are open to building, then I'd recommend some variation of a light/medium contour mid length gas 16" barrel with a lightweight handguard (UTG Pro seemed pretty decent on the one I installed, and pretty reasonable). Avoid heavy/bull barrels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom