First Firing of New Springfield XD .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just as a follow-up thought. Since shooting the .45 with the 4" barrell, I've begun to wonder about the XD .45 with the 5" barrel.

I know that it wouldn't make a very good CCW, but have any of you had experience with shooting both 4" and 5" XD's? If so, what are your opinions on the 5"?

Thanks for any replies.

I shot my new XD45 with the 5" yesterday and I love it! It has become my new bedside gun!:thumb:

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own an xd-9 4" service and an xdm-40 5" tactical. I haven't noticed much difference in my groups, but then again I have only put about 50 down range with xdm-40. I am not the best example, because I didn't do them back to back at the same yardage. I was shooting much further away than I would with the xd-9 and didn't put much range time in. I will go this week and do a comparison back to back and post what I find. Now you have me wondering. I would guess with the 5" MATCH barrel it should be a huge difference. We will see.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as a follow-up thought. Since shooting the .45 with the 4" barrell, I've begun to wonder about the XD .45 with the 5" barrel.

I know that it wouldn't make a very good CCW, but have any of you had experience with shooting both 4" and 5" XD's? If so, what are your opinions on the 5"?

Thanks for any replies.

The XD45 Tactical is the reason I no longer have Glocks, not that Glocks are not good hanguns, its just I did a WHOLE lot better with the 5" XD. To me it seemed liket the recoil came straight back instead of up, maybe that was it.
YMMV.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched from a Glock 23 to a xD 45 compact. The Glock 23 was perfect, but the grip of the Glock always seemed to make me want to shoot high. The xD, on the other hand feels a lot more natural in my hand. I've put over 800 rounds through my xD and have never had a single failure. Plus, I seem to be more accurate with the xD than any other handgun I've shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom