First Half of Waterfowl Season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was wondering how did everybody do waterfowl hunting in the first half of the season? How many days did you spend waterfowl hunting and how many have you bagged so far?

I had some very successful hunts in five days of waterfowl hunting this month so far. The best day was on Nov. 26th when we had rain, strong wind between 30 to 50 mph, clouds all morning and saw ton of ducks/geese and they were flying all morning. And I only hunted 2 different places on public lands.

Here's my total number of birds:

8- Canada geese
3- Snow geese
7- Greenhead Mallards
7- Widgeons
6-Gadwalls
4-Shovelers
2-Pintails
2-Greenwing Teal
2-Ringneck

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only got out 4 times including the early resident goose season. Spent most of my time chasing bambi during the first half.

First half totals:
17 Canada Geese
8 Gadwall
3 Wood Ducks
1 Mallard

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hunted 5 times, started off great first weekend with mallards, gads and pintails. This last weekend was all shovlers, ringnecks and widgeon.

aod93gt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only got out 4 times including the early resident goose season. Spent most of my time chasing bambi during the first half.

First half totals:
17 Canada Geese
8 Gadwall
3 Wood Ducks
1 Mallard

I'm impressed with the goose number. Are those group totals? The early season limit was 4. 17/4=4.25

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the goose number. Are those group totals? The early season limit was 4. 17/4=4.25

Might want to do some homework before you imply someone is over their limit. The early resident season limit was actually 8 this year. Thanks for the equation though. And yes, that was 2 guys.

aod93gt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wrong; not sure where I came up with four. I wan't implying anything...just curious. No reason to get upset.

my first half numbers:
1 BWT
1 wigeon
3 mallard
3 gadwall

Shooting and calling skills would improve these numbers. Saw a ton of birds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom