Fish kill on the salt fork/arkansas river

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody watch the OETA program tonight?

Salt water content was off the scale during both kills, and a substance like crude oil along the bank was discovered.
DEQ is back logged and results won't be available for a month.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't begin to tell you the number of salwater trucks that pass over the hwy 132 bridge, Trenton Rd bridge, hwy81 bridge, Pond Creek bridge, the bridge west of Salt Fork, and the Salt Fork bridge everyday. The number of pumps and black lines pulling water from the river is incredible as well. Not saying that anyone is dumping, but there are 100's of those trucks on the roads day and night in Grant Co. everyday.

I forgot to DVR the show, didn't see where it was on again either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't begin to tell you the number of salwater trucks that pass over the hwy 132 bridge, Trenton Rd bridge, hwy81 bridge, Pond Creek bridge, the bridge west of Salt Fork, and the Salt Fork bridge everyday. The number of pumps and black lines pulling water from the river is incredible as well. Not saying that anyone is dumping, but there are 100's of those trucks on the roads day and night in Grant Co. everyday.

I forgot to DVR the show, didn't see where it was on again either.

There are dates it will re-broad cast, and then it will go to YouTube.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
did they lead off with the story as I turned it on about 10 minutes after 7 and never saw it? I will say however, that OETA news show trumped 4,5 and 9 as far as pure information about real news. Very well produced.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody watch the OETA program tonight?

Salt water content was off the scale during both kills, and a substance like crude oil along the bank was discovered.
DEQ is back logged and results won't be available for a month.
It doesn't sound good and certainly doesn't look good right now. But keep in mind the Deepwater Horizon was a massive massive ecological nightmare many times the size of this and has been cleaned up almost completely and it isn't the dead sea many thought it would become.

I am not defending any illegal or irresponsible actions if this event is indeed caused by those actions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom