Fishing in OKC area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you launch? I thinkin' I'm gonna have to give that a shot.

I-44, exit 15th, If you come from the south, go East on 15th, if from north, go West on 15th. SW 15th and Portland, there's a boat ramp right there and go west on the river. I usually start hitting the rocks and move West, past Meridian bridge is where it gets fun, hit them bushes and trees on both sides thoroughly. I use crank baits, 4' divers, and 6' divers, some plastics but not much. Shad black and silver, purple, blue and crawdad stuff works best.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I-4, exit 15th, If you come from the south, go East on 15th, if from north, go West on 15th. SW 15th and Portland, there's a boat ramp right there and go west on the river. I usually start hitting the rocks and move West, past Meridian bridge is where it gets fun, hit them bushes and trees on both sides thoroughly. I use crank baits, 4' divers, and 6' divers, some plastics but not much. Shad black and silver, purple, blue and crawdad stuff works best.

Very cool. I'll definitely give it a shot. Is this considered a City 'lake?'. Cuz if it is, I'd have to by a permit. And are there any tricky hazards to look out for?

Thanks again for sharing.

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do a google maps search and just zoom in to the lake. There looks to be a few places other than the boat ramps to access the lake.

I know the lake is under new ownership and they have lifted the no access after dark restrictions as well as charging for access. Not sure how long this will go on, hopefully for a while. There's a little bait shop located just south of the south entrance to the lake on the same road as the south boat ramp. Stop in there and talk to the owner I think his name is John. I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. Let us know if you catch anything!

Latest posts

Top Bottom