Fishing questions (Kelly Lane Pond, Glenpool Community Center Pond, unnamed reservoirs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, I've had an account here for a while, but I lurk very little and post even less. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and answer for me.

1. If anyone has fished Kelly Lane Pond in Sapulpa, what can I expect to catch, and with what lures?
2. If anyone has fished the pond next to the Glenpool Community Center, same questions. What is it stocked with and what lures do you find working there?
3. Is it generally legal to fish unnamed reservoirs (show up on Google Earth/Maps as "OKNONAME <some number> Reservoir" as long as a person has a valid fishing license?

Again, thanks in advance for taking time to read and answer.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I jog around Kelly Lane Park frequently. I see people fishing there often, but have NEVER seen anyone actually reel in a fish.

Question 3 - No - those unnamed reservoirs are typically on private property and would require landowner permission.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I jog around Kelly Lane Park frequently. I see people fishing there often, but have NEVER seen anyone actually reel in a fish.

Question 3 - No - those unnamed reservoirs are typically on private property and would require landowner permission.

ODWC says that Kelly Lane Pond is stocked with channel cats and hybrid sunfish. Maybe people are using the wrong bait. Maybe it's not really stocked. Who knows.

I have a friend coming in from out of state at the end of July. May hit it up and give it a try anyway.

Thanks for responding.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could be correct about the wrong bait at Kelly Lane, I have no idea, I just always figured I would see SOMEBODY catch a fish at some point.
I see you are from the Mounds area. What about Lake Jackson? I believe it is about 40 acres (I have never actually fished it).
Bixoma Lake is another close option for a small lake. I have only fished it once, but have heard of good fish being caught there.
Lots of good ponds in the area. Might try hanging out at the local cafe and get to know some landowners. I would think you could get permission to fish somewhere close.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ODWC says that Kelly Lane Pond is stocked with channel cats and hybrid sunfish. Maybe people are using the wrong bait. Maybe it's not really stocked. Who knows.

I have a friend coming in from out of state at the end of July. May hit it up and give it a try anyway.

Thanks for responding.
I saw a guy catch about a 2 lb black bass there a few weeks ago.

When Rock Creek floods, there’s an influx of fish not usually there. Saw a good sized gar there after one flood, but that’s not typical.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not from the Tulsa area and can’t help much with those particular bodies of water. But as far as baits and such, if they’re supposed to have channel cats and hybrid sunfish I’d definitely recommend you try some good ole red wigglers on a size 6 or 8 hook with 4lb-6lb line under a bobber.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could be correct about the wrong bait at Kelly Lane, I have no idea, I just always figured I would see SOMEBODY catch a fish at some point.
I see you are from the Mounds area. What about Lake Jackson? I believe it is about 40 acres (I have never actually fished it).
Bixoma Lake is another close option for a small lake. I have only fished it once, but have heard of good fish being caught there.
Lots of good ponds in the area. Might try hanging out at the local cafe and get to know some landowners. I would think you could get permission to fish somewhere close.
I've fished Lake Jackson a couple of times when I was a kid. The person I'm taking fishing with me is a bit of a city girl, and I don't want to scare her by taking her off into the boonies on her first trip out here.

Plus, she's a little worried about picking up ticks. I'm not going to say that she can't get ticks fishing at little city ponds. But she definitely will if we fish Lake Jackson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom