Fix for slick leather seats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just remember that the slickness has kept them in good shape, reduce the slickness and they will start to wear.
friction causes wear.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A King Ranch is the only Ford I know of that has real leather. Everything else is mostly vinyl with enough leather in it to give it the name "leather".

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used it on my mothers 1999 ssei Bonneville.
And a few other leather car seats.
I usually use a paper towel and wipe it in and then a terry cloth or another paper towel to wipe it up after i let it set for a minute or 2 minutes..Then buff it all with a terry cloth. Or a red rag or Tshirt..whatever you have.

I have never had it change the color of my stuff.. but i suppose it could.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a Thunderbird SC so its not top quality leather but it is in nice shape. Its the first time ive had issue with sliding around and I've owned several cars with leather.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lexol.
I have used it since i was about 13 goes a long ways.
I use it on my leather hides and can be used on sadles etc. I also use it on my leather furniture.

This stuff right here conditioner preserative.
Used to get it in cow town or a leather shop.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/16529107?...29833830&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34449843790&veh=sem

+100 for Lexol - We use it on all of the antique cars in the shop that have real leather. The conditioner is in a dark brown bottle, but they make a cleaner in an orange bottle that you should probably use first to get rid of whatever else is on the seats first. Really good stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom