Flare Gun Collectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else here into collecting old flare guns? It's a bit of a niche, but I've always found them to be interesting. I only have a couple so far, my favorite being an RV-85 flare rifle.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else here into collecting old flare guns? It's a bit of a niche, but I've always found them to be interesting. I only have a couple so far, my favorite being an RV-85 flare rifle.

Last time I was in Sooner State Pawn like 2 or 3 or 4 weeks ago they had an old Webley flare gun. I think it was the last model. WWII. I think it was an aircraft model. Took either a 37 or 40 mm flare. Thing was cool looking. No idea the price. You may need to check it out

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I was in Sooner State Pawn like 2 or 3 or 4 weeks ago they had an old Webley flare gun. I think it was the last model. WWII. I think it was an aircraft model. Took either a 37 or 40 mm flare. Thing was cool looking. No idea the price. You may need to check it out
Thanks for the heads up! I've been meaning to check them out anyways after seeing the positive reviews on here.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used them quiet a bit. Had all good interactions with them. And transfers are cheep. $10
That's exciting to hear, and dangerous for my wallet. I'm trying to be good about saving for my reloading setup. Dumpstick got me out to the OKC gun club bolt action shoots, and that mosin ammo isn't cheap like it used to be...

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's exciting to hear, and dangerous for my wallet. I'm trying to be good about saving for my reloading setup. Dumpstick got me out to the OKC gun club bolt action shoots, and that mosin ammo isn't cheap like it used to be...
No it isn’t. I remember the days. Big green wooden crates of blue boxes and the green tuna cans. Unfortunately there isn’t much surplus that’s cheep anymore.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @Mats , is that you that shot on bench #10 last time? If so, looking forward to it again. I’m prepping some 6.5x55 this time. Haven’t had the Swedish girl out in a while.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @Mats , is that you that shot on bench #10 last time? If so, looking forward to it again. I’m prepping some 6.5x55 this time. Haven’t had the Swedish girl out in a while.
That's me! I'm planning on making the match next weekend as well. I picked up a Type 38 Arisaka from a friend last week, so once I get some ammo for that I'll bring her out. Definitely need to reload for that ammo though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That's me! I'm planning on making the match next weekend as well. I picked up a Type 38 Arisaka from a friend last week, so once I get some ammo for that I'll bring her out. Definitely need to reload for that ammo though.
Always wanted to pick up an Arisaka. There’s been a few pop on here and I should have snagged one. Looking forward to next weekend and shooting with you again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom