float tube queston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a float tube for fishing and wanting to know what regulations are involved. life jacket, oars, horn, regastration? any info would help.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking last night about how I used to fish ponds and lakes at night in a belly boat back in the late 60s when I was in college and barely had a pot to piss in. Nothing like hooking a big bass in a belly boat at night. I've never had more fun fishing than I did in a float tube.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoy float tubing a farm pond. I used them during college days around Stillwater and still use them a couple times a summer. I have been my twice this summer and expect I will get a couple more trips this Fall. A float tube is the ONLY way to fish a farm pond successfully.

Oklahomabassin - Do you have a tube and kickers????

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer Slayer I don't have a tube, yet. I have fished a couple of times out of a friends. I liked the kickers that strapped on your feet and you just kicked like you were walking. They folded back going forward and folding out when going back.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Deer Slayer I don't have a tube, yet. I have fished a couple of times out of a friends. I liked the kickers that strapped on your feet and you just kicked like you were walking. They folded back going forward and folding out when going back.

have you ever tried frog flippers instead of the kickers your talking about

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DEER 24/7- I have used both flippers and kickers. In wind the flippers have more power.
Oklahomabassin - The best set of kickers are made by Fishmaster and I have a couple of pairs and an extra tube. You may need to meet me at the Cherokee Trading Post for an afternoon of superb bass fishing.BTW we are picking our kids this week and you will probably go to Woodward for the youth hunt unless you want to go to SE/OK.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wear sunscreen and a nice wide hat. i get cooked in mine even in early spring.

my boat temp reading was showing 91F about a foot down in arcadia, not too cooling and lotta nastys in the water right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom