Florida Gator Hunt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine retired this past Sept. He called me and asked if I would go on a Gator hunt with him, sure I say. Not really my kind of a thing, but this guy has a heart as big as the Heavens. We met him through Deer Slayer(that cracks me up every time I type that) in 2008 and he has let my family and I deer hunt on his land every year since then. With not so much as letting me pay him a dollar. Long story short, we both got us a Gator. Mine was 8 1/2ft long and his 7 1/2ft. Had the time of our lives, the guide was an instant friend and his first mate was a hoot. We used a crossbow, when you shot it the shaft was tied off to a bowie. You then drug the Gator to the side of the airboat and used a bangstick on him. You then made about a 4in cut behind it's eye's to cut the spinal cord. You then stuck a wire in what looks like a straw and scramble his brains. I told the Guide I have never caught anything big on a rod and reel. He said he could fix that. He snagged about a 7 footer and let me reel it in. What a blast The first mate lost his left eye to a tumor, his patch was gator hide with a marble Gator eye in the middle. If anyone want info on this hunt. PM me and I'll put you in touch. $850 guide fees and $50 for the tag.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool. I looked up prices for this a few weeks ago but they were all outrageous. Yours seems to be pretty fair.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great pics and story! Looks like a very cool trip, I went gator hunting once in Louisiana with my cousins, we went in the Sabine River and the Atchafalaya basin. It was freaky to see those gator eyes on top of the water and then just disappear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom